Your use of this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship with The Legal Department. The Site is provided for general informational purposes only. You are advised to seek the advice of a qualified licensed attorney to discuss your particular circumstances and situation.
What Personal Data is Collected?
We collect any Personal Information about you that you provide voluntarily, including but not limited to, our meeting request form, and the newsletter sign-up. You may choose to provide us with personal information about yourself by corresponding with us by phone, email or through use of the forms on our Site.
The meeting request form will ask you for:
- Your first and last name;
- Your phone number;
- Your email address; and
- Whether you are an existing business or a startup.
The newsletter sign-up will ask you for:
- Your name; and
- Your email address.
You acknowledge and agree that by providing The Legal Department with any Personal Information through our Site, you consent to the transmission of such Personal Information over interstate and international borders as necessary for processing.
What Other Information is Collected?
Other information we may collect from you relates to your visits to our Site and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access our Site. This type of information includes the following:
- Anonymous information that does not identify you directly or indirectly, and includes statistical information concerning how you use our Site or information that is linked to a cookie ID or other ID that is not paired in our records with your identifiable information, including name, phone number or email address;
- Information about you and your computer collected automatically using common tracking technologies when you visit the Site, including your Web browser type and operating system, your IP address, and information regarding the content you view and features you access on the Site, cookies, analytical tools, or other technologies;
- Free widgets for social sharing that interact with the online advertising operations on behalf of other parties.
Use of “Cookies”
How We Use Your Information
The purposes for which we use your information are:
- To allow you to access information on our Site;
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- To send you alerts, newsletters, bulletins, e-announcements and other communications;
- To invite you to seminars, events or other functions we believe may be of interest to you;
- To schedule a meeting with you at your request;
- To send you information regarding changes to our policies and other administrative information;
- To administer our Site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- To improve our Site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer; and
- To keep our Site safe and secure.
Where you provide consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge, but without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You can update your details or change your privacy preferences by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Links To And From Third Party Sites
Security of Your Information
The Legal Department strives to provide the highest level of confidentiality for the Personal Information that we receive. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the Personal Information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. The Legal Department is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or loss of data.
Sharing of Your Information
We share your information with the following third parties:
- We share your information with our affiliated firms and advisors as necessary to carry out the purposes for which the information was supplied or collected.
- We use third parties to assist with the running of the Site and our services including hosting providers, IT providers, software providers, marketing database providers, contact management software providers and accountants. In order to obtain these services, we need to share your personal information with such third parties. Our third-party service providers are subject to security and confidentiality obligations and are only permitted to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We use social sharing and other “widgets” to enable interaction with social media networks. Some of these social media networks track your visit to our Site (or any other website that uses the widgets). When you visit those websites, they may place cookies in your browser which are then transmitted back to the social network when you visit other sites that happen to use that network’s social sharing widgets (even if you don’t “click” on or interact with the widget).
- We may share with third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
- We may share with third parties if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person.
- We may share with third parties in order to enforce or apply our Terms or to establish or defend our rights, or the rights of our staff, customers or others.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct, modify or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
The Site is not directed at children, and we will not knowingly accept or request personal information from individuals under the age of 16 years. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, subject to applicable law, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases, in accordance with our deletion procedures; or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
How to Contact Us
If you have any concerns or questions or would like to update or remove the Personal Information you provided, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
This policy was last updated April 22, 2020.